Hello! You’re with the Add-Ons Development Department. Look what awesome updates and useful improvements in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor extensions we’ve got for you here for the first part of July 2021!
Adapted to comply
The Order Status Restriction is a new add-on that allows you to modify the flow of statuses to tailor it to your business needs and specifics. We added a new status – Incomplete – to the rest of order statuses that you can edit on your own. As with other statuses, now you can manage the Incomplete status making it accessible or inaccessible for different members of your team. The better the order status control is, the more secure you are.
We made changes to fix the XML file container list generation and extended its functionality to make it work with the Google Cloud Translation add-on. Also, we rectified the category selection. That problem occurred for versions 4.12.1 and above. Now, the category selection runs as required and the add-on is fully compatible with version 4.12.1 and above.
We adapted the theme to CS-Cart 4.13.1. Now, it is fully compatible with the latest version.
We adapted the add-on with the Shipping Estimate add-on. We improved the function of auto completing the customer city on the checkout page. Moreover, the customer city is now displayed as a link in the Shipping Estimate block when the customer visits the store in the Guest mode. Customers can change the location in this case.
We enhanced the add-on functionality with a great feature – ability to hide labels on hovering on a product image. Labels vanish once a customer puts the cursor on them. It helps not to divert the attention of the customer and view an item in full.
The theme was adapted to Suppliers, an add-on that adds the Suppliers tab to the Customers section.
We also make the Product Reviews add-on compliant with the theme. Appeared in the CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor version 4.13.1, the add-on got multiple features requiring their adapting to the Generation Z theme.
How does the add-on affect the storefront
- Displays stars in product listings
- Displays stars and reviews in the header on the product detail page
- Adds a new product tab
- Adds filter by rating 4+
What has been changed after adapting the add-on with the Generation Z theme
- Improved design and interface of all components
- Easy choice of rating for the Write a Review feature
- Better file uploader
- Sorting and filtering moved to the sidebar
- User images are displayed in 2 versions (extended image gallery or list of images).
We also made some changes in customer notifications that expanded beyond the frames on mobile devices. Now, notifications display right on mobiles.
We fixed an issue with a blank dark mask appearing after closing notification if the “Notification Display Time” setting was set to 0.
Updated for a better view
The Affiliates menu was adapted to the Generation Z theme version 4.9 and above. We added a new icon to the Affiliates section to make it coherent with the rest of the menu.
Previously, when adding certain products to the cart from the Quick View mode, the cart icon failed to update until the page was reloaded. The reason laid within additional styles in the product description that caused an error. After making corrections, the cart icon updates without the need to reload the page.
Sometimes, it happens that your customers change the date of birth to get discounts several times a year. To protect you from being misled, the add-on was expanded with a new feature. This feature allows you to restrict users from changing the birthdate if it was previously stated as added.
We added two new events to the add-on functionality: One-Сlick Purchase and Request a Call events. The add-on sends the One-Click Purchase event to Facebook and tracks the Request a Call event after getting the Callback form. From the technical part, One-Click Purchase means the Purchase. The Request a Call event means getting a new Lead or Contact in case the event comes from a non-product page. If a product page is involved, then the Request a Call event is marked as the Purchase and the relevant product value is sent to Facebook.
We improved the data arrangement within the code to comply with the Google rules. Previously, the add-on code consisted of two parts: one part was located in the <HEAD> section, one part pertained to the <BODY> section. We moved the entire code to the <HEAD> as required by Google. Now, the full Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code is located in the <HEAD> component of the store.
We noticed the add-on abnormal behavior in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor versions 4.11.4.SP. Product and Breadcrumbs data doubled due to incorrect work of the version_compare statement. We made the required changes to refine the add-on functionality. Now, there is no duplication and the add-on works fine.
UNFOLD MORE CHANGES…
If you want to see what has been added or fixed in add-ons for all the time, you can follow the links below and have a look at the changelog section.
- [fixed] The table overlap on the Payout page is fixed
- [added] The Affiliates menu item is adapted to the Generation Z theme
- [fixed] The profile fields saving error occurred while using the Simtech Development: Affiliate add-on in Multi-Vendor edition is fixed
- v. 4.10.7
- [added] Ability to restrict users from changing the birthdate if it was previously stated is added
- [added] One Click Buy and Request Call events tracking is added
- [fixed] The full Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code is located in the <HEAD> component of the store
- [fixed] Customer city name autocomplete on a checkout page is fixed
- [fixed] The add-on is adapted to the Shipping Estimate add-on. In the Guest mode, the customer city is displayed In the Shipping Estimate block of the storefront as a link with ability to change location
- [fixed] Duplicated on several store versions data of Breadcrumbs and Products are fixed
- [fixed] Error of incorrect Cron script launch from terminal occurred if the id=1 user doesn’t exist is fixed
- [fixed] PHP notifications occurred at web_cron_push launch are fixed
- [added] Ability to manage “incomplete” status is added
- [added] Ability to hide labels on hover on products image/card is added
- [changed] The theme is adapted to CS-Cart 4.13.1
- [fixed] SEO data generation error occurred if the feature or the option starts with the number is fixed
- [fixed] XML file container list generation error is fixed
- [fixed] Incorrect category selection error occurred after the add-on is installed is fixed
- [changed] Hooks for add-on extension were added
- [fixed] Cart block update error occurred when the product which description uses additional styles is added via Quick View is fixed
- [changed] The theme is adapted to the Suppliers add-on
- [changed] The add-on is adapted to Product Reviews add-on
- [fixed] The scrolling to bottom error occurred after the image preview modal window is closed is fixed
- [fixed] Notification expanding beyond the frames error on mobile devices is fixed
- [fixed] The blank dark mask appears after closing the notification, if the “Notification Display Time” setting is set to 0. Fixed