We have been providing the “Dedicated Developer” service since 2005 and got a huge experience in doing this for eCommerce ventures. It is +40K hours of dedicated work! This post puts all chips on the table and honestly shares advantages, jeopardies, methodologies, and project supervision peculiarities of the service. Keep reading to know what’s hidden behind the scene.
Who is Who
Dedicated Developer. This person can be a Simtech Development Project Manager or Middle/Senior Developer. Based on your requirements, we assign a suitable candidate as a remote team member for your project.
Telling the truth, DDS is not only one person. It is common when a Dedicated Team is working on one and the same project. Our experience says that a perfect match of the developers’ team includes the following members:
- Project manager, the one who is in charge of running a project on a regular basis. He or she leads and manages the project team, shares reports daily and communicates with you within the agreed hours.
- Senior Team Lead, the one who is responsible for external integrations, third-party add-ons and complicated modifications development, site performance optimization and code review.
- Junior CS-Cart Developer, the one who creates simple add-ons, sets up the system and renders the technical support.
- Front-end Developer develops PSD to HTML and CSS, optimizes the mobile version of the store and customizes layouts.
- Quality Assurance (QA), the one who tests the completed work to guarantee the perfect result. The service is done by default and you do not pay for it.
The focus and main advantage of Simtech Development as compared to other CS-Cart developers is to provide the clients with a complex Quality Assurance service:
- All tasks undergo 6 stages of testing (Read more about QA at Simtech Development) and code review.
- Testing is provided by QA experts independent of the Simtech Development team.
- Code review is performed only by the experienced Simtech Development professionals to guarantee compliance with the strict CS-Cart development rules.
Note that the team composition may vary depending on the project.
With our service, you save money on the in-house specialists and outsource a highly qualified remote team.
Who needs it?
A Dedicated Developer Service is the best choice for:
- long-term projects that require a full-size team with various roles;
- clients, who can provide a load of 100 hours per month for developers;
- large projects which should be completed in a short time;
- development service providers, who have a stable flow of projects and need reliable manpower to complete them with consistent quality;
- complex CS-Cart projects, where support must be provided by the insiders, well-familiar with the system.
Depending on your project, a manager proposes an effective development methodology (Waterfall, Agile, etc.). All tasks are prioritized and split into sprints.
The manager will present you the results of each iteration.
Usually, we follow these methodologies:
Waterfall. This sequential design process includes eight stages: conception, initiation, analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, and maintenance. Once each of the stages is completed, the developers move on to the next step.
Agile. This incremental approach implies that developers start off with simplistic project design and then begin to work on small modules. The work on these modules is done in weekly or monthly sprints, and at the end of each sprint, project priorities are assessed and tests are run.
Scrum. This is an iterative and incremental agile software development framework for managing product development.
We use Scrum for huge CS-Cart projects.
Kanban. The Kanban methodology helps manage product creation focusing on continuous delivery and not overburdening agile software development teams.
Project Management System
We apply JIRA for the effective management of the development process.
JIRA is the Atlassian’s tasks’ and projects’ tracking tool. To put it simply, JIRA is all about tracking any piece of work (be it an issue, bug, story, project task, etc.) through a predefined workflow.
The system allows monitoring task assignment and meet all the deadlines.
Why should I choose a dedicated team from Simtech Development?
- +50 qualified Simtech Development techs in the team;
- Close cooperation with CS-Cart architects;
- +2,000 completed projects;
- Top notch practices in web development;
- Strict coding guidelines;
- 100% Open Source: easy-to-customize add-ons;
- Easy communication via Skype, Helpdesk system, phone, Email, and phone conference;
- Free QA Assurance and Code Review;
- Ability to involve additional specialists;
- White Label;
- Affordable and competitive pricing;
- Transparent conditions.