- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google and Microsoft will capture 76% of all cloud platform revenue in 2018, expanding to 80% by 2020.
- The total global public cloud market will be $178B in 2018, up from $146B in 2017, and will continue to grow at a 22% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- Forrester predicts that more than 50% of global enterprises will rely on at least one public cloud platform to drive digital transformation and delight customers.
Forrester, a world-known research company, has published their predictions on cloud computing for 2018. They inform us about the growing dominance of cloud application and development platforms and their role in revolutionizing new business models today. Business owners are no longer doubt the cloud is right for them — now it’s the matter of time.
Let’s check some of the fascinating insights from Forrester’s Predictions 2018: Cloud Computing Accelerates Enterprise Transformation Everywhere.
- Don’t expect any new global megaclouds. Cloud is consolidating, so start planning now to mitigate lock-in risk.
- Your favorite SaaS vendors will expand to become true platform providers and make it even easier to consume their software.
- Cloud platforms outside North America will become more locally focused and target specific regional or industry needs.
- Kubernetes has won the war for container orchestration dominance and should be at the heart of your microservices plans.
- Zero Trust security will become even more tightly integrated with — and integral to the success of — all leading cloud platforms.
- Private and hybrid cloud spending will rebound after a slowdown, driven by a raft of new on-premises cloud solutions.
- Private clouds will get a new life as app development and modernization platforms, moving beyond IaaS.
- Cloud management solutions will be sold in parts or offered for free as competition heats up for the management plane.
- Enterprises will shift 10% of their traffic from carrier backbones to colocation and cloud service providers.
- Immersive lab-based training programs will take off as the best way to drive fast, real, and lasting change in how you build software.
Having analyzed the provided information and figures we can conclude the following. Cloud is now the best and fast way to turn your ideas into reality. In 2018, cloud computing will accelerate enterprise transformation everywhere as it becomes a must-have business technology.
There are a few trusted providers in cloud computing nowadays and they are expanding year by year. All big players have already chosen them for maintenance. We also count on them as we are sure of their stability and security. And we provide our clients with the best option – AWS hosting.
Predictions 2018: Cloud Computing Accelerates Enterprise Transformation Everywhere
Forrester’s 10 Cloud Computing Predictions For 2018