Magento 1 is coming to the end of life. This is a matter of one year it will stop being supported. Magento merchants are offered the option to upgrade to Magento 2, but this will increase the cost of the ownership of the business for them. We offer an alternative solution which will provide the same level of freedom with customization and management with the ability to evolve from an online store to a multi-seller platform.
CS-Cart – cloud-hosted, it provides performance, security, and scalability. All of that and much more come for the lower price compared with Magento. Let’s sort things out.
If you don’t upgrade to Magento 2
Magento aware users that stick to outdated versions
- Security patches will not be produced for these versions once support ends;
- Your competitive edge will be at risk, as no new innovation or features will be added on Magento 1 because all of the innovation that is needed to stay competitive is happening on M2;
- Magento 1 will become increasingly vulnerable to hacks as the code grows older;
What does Magento offer with Magento 2?
Magento 2 was released back in 2015.
- Improved Performance: Magento 2 sites will run on average 20% faster than Magento 1 sites.
- Streamlined Checkout Process: Magento 1 has a hefty six (6) steps, while Magento 2 offers a simple 2 step checkout process and the Instant Purchase feature.
- Better Admin Interface: This is a non-technical user’s dream! Magento 1’s user interface was often touted as confusing for business users, but Magento 2 offers a clean, user-friendly experience where even the most non-technical users can find tools and add new product listings with ease.
- Mobile Friendly: With more customers than ever shopping on smartphones, it is imperative to have a mobile responsive site. Magento 1 sites did not deliver optimum performance on mobile devices, but Magento 2 makes mobile commerce a priority.
How much will it cost to upgrade to Magento 2?
Following is the quote from Magento official website:
Just like an upgrade between 1.x versions, the level of effort to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 depends upon how you have built your site and its level of customization. Also, as mentioned earlier migration is the right time to consider an upgrade to the eCommerce site, such as improving upon the User Experience (UX). Changes like these will further influence the cost of migration to Magento 2.Source: Magento website
And that’s what people say on the Net:
I understand the importance to migrate to Magento 2 and that it is inevitable, however, I was not expecting the quote of 50k from my developer.Albert
In general, a Magento 2 migration project will take from 1-3 months and cost $2,000-$10,000 on average if you outsource it to Magento agencies in Asia.
Migration for a typical store with minimal 3rd party integrations is 3 – 6 months (from 30,000 USD to 60,000 USD).Amelia
I think it should not cost you more than 20k for the migration and new store design.Loken
The alternative way to upgrading Magento 1 to Magento 2 – CS-Cart
Instead of spending a fortune on upgrading to a newer version of Magento owning which will also increase your monthly bill, we offer an alternative way – migrate to CS-Cart software.
What is CS-Cart
CS-Cart is a professional standalone, highly flexible platform for building and managing eCommerce web projects of any size and with any budget limits. It’s downloadable and can be hosted anywhere you want.
CS-Cart features already inside the box
- Built-in Layouts Editor
- Built-in Content Management
- Powerful Admin Panel
- Admin Mobile App
- Product Filters
- Return Management Tools
- Multi-Language & Currency
- Powerful Product Option
- Option Combinations
- Price and Weight Modifiers for Each Option Variant
- Downloadable Products Ready
- Full Control of Export & Import
Payments & shipping
- 50+ Payment Systems
- Real-Time Shipping Rates
- PCI Compliant
- One-page Checkout
- Flexible Tax Management
Marketing & sales
- Sell on Facebook, eBay, Google Shopping
- Multi-Channel Commerce – Widget Mode
- Social Sharing Tools
- Testimonials & Product Reviews
- Bestsellers & On-Sale Products
- Customers Also Bought
- Buy Together
- Customer Cart Tracking
- Abandoned Carts
- Live Carts
- Promotions & Discounts
- Seamless Integration with Email Marketing Services
- Deferred Script Loading
- Lazy Image Loading
- Gzip for HTML, CSS, JS
- Amazon CloudFront CDN support
- Built-In Cache
- xCache, Redis, APCu
Additional important benefits available with CS-Cart
- Scalable AWS Cloud hosting
- Cloud search
- Mobile shopping app
- Add-ons and themes for more features
- Ability to launch an unlimited number of storefronts
- Ability to grow to Multi-seller marketplace
How much it costs to own CS-Cart based online store
- CS-Cart license comes with all you need to start selling the next day for as few as 345 USD – one-time payment. No more fees for owning your business.
- If you go for our Cloud hosting solution for eCommerce, it will add another 69 USD to your monthly bill.
- If you need to customize the store, we will offer you the best price, but it can vary depending on the difficulty of the task.
- The add-ons are usually enough to extend your set of marketing and management tools.
- To migrate 50,000 products from Magento 1 to CS-Cart may cost around 2,000 USD (based on several practical cases).
414 USD to start the store based on a professional platform or ~2,500 USD to migrate from Magento 1 to the latest CS-Cart version and continue growing business with a new technological partner – that sounds reasonable.
Running an eCommerce business based on a highly customizable platform like Magento or CS-Cart you know that prices can’t be certain and depend on each project complexity. But now you know that leaving an outdated Magento 1 you have an alternative – CS-Cart.
Want to know exactly how much it will cost you to re-platform?
Reach out and we’ll discuss it.