Email marketing is so far the most profitable source of revenue with the highest ROI. Configured correctly it puts your sales on autopilot and turns visitors into loyal advocates.
Business Email Marketing Statistics
- 83% of B2B companies use newsletters as part of their content marketing program.
- 40% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success.
- For every $1 you spend on emails marketing, you can expect an average return of $32.
- 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention.
- 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions.
- The most opened emails are related to hobbies, with an open rate of 27%.
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI.
- Sending three abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than a single email
- 49% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
- 49% of companies use email automation.
- People who subscribe via email are 3 times more likely to share your business content on their social media.
- 44% say inbox overload is their biggest email annoyance.
- Automated email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue.
- Only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email.
- eCommerce overall has a 15.66% open rate, 2.07% click rate and 0.24% unsubscribe rate.
- Netherlands has the highest open rate and CTR – 42.65% and 7.35% respectively.
- France has the highest unsubscribe rate of 0.43%.
Email Marketing Statistics for Segments
- Mobile opens accounted for 49% of all email opens.
- 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device.
- Apple iPhone is the most popular mobile client for reading emails with 29% of all opens.
- Gmail is a close runner-up at 27%.
- 73% of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email.
- 72% of young adults (18 to 24-year-olds) say they prefer opening emails on their phone.
- More than 50% of U.S. respondents check their personal email account more than 10 times a day.
- 99% of consumers check their email every day.
- 66% of marketers personalize their emails based on age data.
Email Marketing Best Practices Statistics
- 56% of brands using an emoji in their email subject line had a higher open rate than those that did not.
- Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%.
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- Adding videos to your email can increase click rates by 300%.
- The best day to send emails on is Tuesday, at 10 am or anytime between 8 pm to midnight.
- The worst day for lowest email open rates: Sunday.
- The worst day for lowest click rates: Monday.
- 77% of customers open emails solely because of the discounts offered.
- 68% of recipients mark an email as spam based on the subject line.
- Emails with graphics have a 27% higher open rate and 4% higher CTR.
- 80% of users are likely to delete an email if it isn’t mobile friendly.
- Cart abandonment emails are most effective after 1 hour.
- Automated email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Including a call to action button instead of a text-link can increase conversion rates by as much as 28%.
- Open rate is highest when companies send one email a week – 34.26%.
- Including numbers in the email subject line will increase the open rate by 3%.
- Keep sentences under 25 words, and paragraphs under three sentences.
- iPhones can only show between 35–38 characters in portrait mode. So aim for subject lines in the 17–24 character range.
- Include 1 CTA
- Triggered emails generated 5x higher open rates and 15x higher click-through rates.
- Emails with graphics have a higher open rate – 25.16% and click-through rate – 4.11%.
- Subscribers’ emails are 15-19 characters long. Make sure your subscription form can fit that.
Resources used to collect statistics: Content Marketing Institute, Statista, Convince & Convert, Campaign Monitor, DMA Insights, SaleCycle, MailChimp, Forbes, HubSpot, GetResponse, Oberlo, Yes Lifecycle Marketing, Omnisend, Martech Advisor, IBM, CoSchedule, QuickSprout, MarketingSherpa, Bluehornet, Epsilon Email Institute, McKinsey, Adobe, Shopify.
Triggered email -> autoresponder -> valuable content -> promo email.Theis is the best email marketing tactic proved to work
Setting up email marketing with CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor
There are several solutions we offer to our clients regarding email marketing.
Notification (outbound) emails
These are emails which are only sent from the website and can’t be answered by your customers. You will not receive the reply to these emails. Usually, you can see “no-reply” in the name of those emails. Notifications may relate to transactions, marketing campaigns, shipping information, etc.
Please note that we set up AWS SES only for production (live) websites.
We provide the Notification solution for AWS Cloud hosting clients which is Amazon Simple Email Service (SES). Amazon SES requires special configuration to work correctly and can be set up on request for all our clients. This service is included in all AWS plans and is free of charge.
Read more about the Mail Service for eCommerce from AWS team.
MailChimp Advanced add-on for CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor
If you have experience in email marketing automation you definitely know about MailChimp service. The add-on allows you to connect your site with your MailChimp account.
Read more about MailChimp Advanced add-on.
Integration with any email marketing automation service
For those who have favor towards another service to run email marketing, we have a team of developers that will integrate your CS-Cart store or Multi-Vendor marketplace with it. What will that be? Constant Contact, Drip, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, SendGrid, MailerLite or any other? You name it.
Do you need to make the most out of your Email Marketing? We will give you all the tools.