The beginning of a new year is a time when it’s customary to set goals for the next 12 months, write plans, and think about how to achieve them. But before starting this work, it’s worth summing up the results of the past period. We are pleased to tell you how the year 2023 passed at Simtech Development
In 2023, businesses continued to adapt to new ways of operating. Speaking of Simtech Development, my colleagues and I have been developing the company by aligning with market and customer needs. The outcomes of this effort have resulted in new services, technologies, work approaches, and, of course, projects.Artem, CEO of Simtech Development
In 2023, we offered more services to our clients:
- SEO optimization: We can now not only develop online stores but also help attract high traffic to eCommerce websites using SEO tools.
- Development of company stores for employees: We started designing websites with gamification elements to promote corporate culture and enhance employee motivation.
- 37 Expert Tips to Increase Conversion Rate
- Online Company Store for Employees: How It Works And Why Large Brands Need It
Our company has been international from day one and continues to operate globally. In 2023, we successfully closed 702 deals with 171 companies from 45 countries, with 49 clients approaching Simtech Development for the first time.Olga, Head of Sales and Customer Service at Simtech Development
The top 5 countries we actively worked with were:
- The United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
We also collaborated with clients from Switzerland, Kuwait, France, Turkey, and other countries.
We continuously work on making our customer service better, including how well our team communicates with our clients. What did we manage to achieve in 2023? Well, the quality of written communication between our managers and clients went up by 17% (from 77% to 94%), and we’ve cut down the response time by half.
In 2023, PHP remained at the core of our tech stack. However, our experts at Simtech Development started using Laravel, Next.js, Web API, and Gatsby more actively than before.
Our developers, QA engineers, analysts, and project managers logged in over 60,000 hours of work in the year – 6 years and 10 months in total! That’s how long me and my crew spent on client projects to make their online stores and marketplaces high-tech, fault-tolerant and with high conversion. I take particular pride in the evolution of PWA solution for stores based on CS-Cart. It was developed by the technical team at Simtech Development in 2019 and is now in demand among entrepreneurs whose applications are built on this platform. For instance, we launched a PWA application for a multi-product marketplace owner from the Dominican Republic. It is now available for download on the App Store and Google Play.Andrew, CTO at Simtech Development
- How to Optimize an eCommerce Website for Mobiles: Looking for an Optimal Solution
- How Much Does It Cost to Build a Mobile App in 2023?
Best Cases of 2023
The eCommerce market is being dominated by niche marketplaces. In 2023, 7 out of 10 of our projects were focused on specific areas such as healthcare, fashion, equipment, children’s goods, and art. Darcy, the Head of the Sales Team, highlighted several memorable projects:
- Setting up a marketplace and training employees for a major bank catering to entrepreneurs. The business owners wanted to create an eCommerce platform for sellers from other countries, and we helped them with that.
- Creating an MVP marketplace from scratch in the beauty industry. During the design phase, we applied the client’s idea to the CS-Cart functionality, assessed the requirements, described the necessary work, set up the server, performed basic store configuration, and prepared it for presentation to investors.
- We also worked on developing functionality for the marketplace of an international manufacturer of water filters, which became part of the company’s ecosystem. In addition to the eCommerce platform, they had a website, a referral system for 99,000 customers, a radio station, and a unified personal account. We had to integrate the marketplace user data with the ecosystem’s database, set up cross-marketing platforms for major brands like Nike and Samsung (over 50,000 brands in total), install search filters, and automatically translate content into four languages. We successfully handled all these tasks.
- Another major project involved the modification of a European electronics online store. Our specialists integrated payment systems, conducted an audit, and optimized the site’s performance, ensuring real-time order processing through API calls.
- A new addition to our portfolio is a marketplace for a Canadian media company that aimed to create a professional platform for marketing services, coaching, and consulting for journalists and bloggers. The project’s concept was not only to monetize services, but also to create a socially significant tool for media work. Together with the project initiator, we prepared a description of the main roles on the platform, compiled a list of the necessary functionality for launching the marketplace, and planned the development in stages.
In spite of the volatility in the IT job market evident in 2023, we managed to retain our key expertise and maintain 100% of the company’s staff. Additionally, we doubled the number of employees in our Tashkent office, which we opened in 2022. Our team now comprises over 150 specialists across various profiles and categories. Moreover, 2023 marked the launch of the Codication school of IT professions in Uzbekistan, an educational initiative aimed at helping individuals swiftly enter the IT industry and master roles such as developer, QA engineer, technical support specialist, or customer service manager in the digital domain.Ayrat, HR Director at Simtech Development
The company’s employees continued to support charitable initiatives. In a short period, we managed to raise funds to purchase a wheelchair for a girl with cerebral palsy. We also traditionally participated in environmental clean-up events and practiced waste sorting in our offices.
Plans for 2024
We believe in positive changes and new opportunities. Our company’s plans include sustainable growth and strengthening our position in the IT services market, offering clients useful services and effective solutions. We have planned to enhance our CRM system to make business processes and partner interactions even more automated and transparent.
We have many projects ahead to implement our clients’ business ideas. If your plans for the year include tasks such as launching your own online sales channel, revitalizing your current eCommerce project, or implementing automated business solutions, we are ready to collaborate! Together, we will conduct a business analysis of your task and select the optimal tools to solve it in due time and within a reasonable budget.
Simtech Development wishes prosperity for your business, success, and well-being in the new year of 2024!