Hello! You’re with the Add-Ons Development Department. Look what awesome updates and useful improvements in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor extensions we’ve got for you here for the first part of August 2021!
Previously, there was no sign if one product was absent in the bundle. In the new version, the setting ‘To disable the bundle automatically if any product from the bundle is out of stock’ was introduced. If the setting is disabled, then the bundle remains, but it cannot be added to the cart and a message about the lack of goods is displayed. When the setting is active, the bundle does not appear on the storefront in order not to confuse customers.
- We added a new hook to enhance the functionality of the add-on. This hook allows the store administrator to impact the data import. Now, field mapping is feasible. To implement it, we introduced a new tab with filters settings on the editing import page where filtering conditions can be specified. The filters for the mappable fields ‘stock’ and ‘price’ allow importing products data as defined by the administrator. The logic is as follows: if (‘stock’ > 0 AND ‘price’ > 0), then data is imported, otherwise it is skipped. The new hook makes the importing more adjustable to the needs of a particular store.
- Previously, when importing a CSV file and specifying any field like Features in the Primary Field, the add-on required this field to be mandatory to complete the import. We studied the reasons for such misbehaviour and fixed the problem. The new logic allows seamless importing data even when you specify anything from the Features section.
We noticed that the add-on affects rendering of the page making part of content override its container. The HTML structure of the product list template HTML needed to be improved. We applied changes. Now, the content is displayed right.
Updated to Be Compliant
- We made the add-on fully compatible with CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor versions up to 4.12.2. Previously, there was duplication of product bundles if there were a product in the cart apart from the bundle. We fixed this misbehaviour for the newest versions. Now, the bundles are added to the cart together with other products without duplication.
- The add-on was made compliant with UniTheme 2. Before changes, the layout broke when the add-on and the theme were installed together. Bundles distorted in the pop-up cart of a UniTheme2 store. After updating the add-on to make it work with the theme, bundles are displayed right.
The add-on was made compatible with CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor version 4.13.2. Previously, the total cost was not displayed in the cart when the theme was installed on the latest version. After the changes, the total cost is displayed.
The theme is fully adapted to CS-Cart 4.13.2.SP1
We introduced the image lazy-loader to the theme. Lazy loading allows the website not to download all the images of the site at once, but as you browse information. When the page loading begins, an image frame is formed and then gradually loaded. This is a useful feature in cases of a slow internet connection. This sequential loading has a positive effect on the site speed.
Before, when the page was loaded, banners were lined up in 1 row and then rearranged into a carousel. To remove this misbehavior, we introduced a page pre-loader. Now, when the Carousel setting is checked, banners are displayed sequentially.
We added a number of features that extend the functionality of the add-on, namely:
- Ability to display out of stock products
- Ability to add the quantity of the products and display it above or under the description
- Ability to select the source of product description for VKontakte (the add-on tab, short description, and main description)
The add-on has the Set customer’s language setting, which allows you to change the language of the storefront in accordance with the location defined when the customer visits the store for the first time. But, in one case this setting did not work: the geolocation was determined correctly, but the storefront language did not change. The problem occurs when the standard SEO add-on was enabled and the ‘Show additional language in the URL setting’ was enabled. We made the required changes so that the language changes in accordance with location.
- Previously, only one image could be sent to the Facebook Commerce Manager. But, according to the Facebook Pixel specification, there is a possibility to add up to 20 images to the catalog. We made the required changes. Now, the ability to send multiple images to the Facebook Commerce Manager catalog is available in the newest version of the add-on.
- Before, products without a specified brand could not be added to the catalog. Now, you can send products with no brand mentioned to the Facebook Commerce Manager catalog.
- We made it possible to add Facebook Pixel Code to the Facebook Pixel ID enter field.
We improved the logic of checking connection with Amazon and introduced other changes enhancing the add-on work. Now:
- All settings have language variables
- Notifications are displayed correctly
- Check for setting completeness works right
UNFOLD MORE CHANGES…
If you want to see what has been added or fixed in add-ons for all the time, you can follow the links below and have a look at the changelog section.
- [added] The new hook is added to enhance the functionality of the add-on
- [fixed] The import issue, occurred when “Features” field is selected as the main one is fixed
- [fixed] Malfunction of the product list template HTML structure is fixed
- [fixed] Bundle duplication error, occurred in case of presence of any other product in the cart is fixed for CS-Cart 4.12.2.SP2 and above
- [fixed] Incorrect display of the bundle in the pop-up cart is fixed for UniTheme2
- [added] Setting “To disable the bundle automatically if any product from the bundle is out of stock” is added
- [fixed] Incorrect vendor business hours display on the cart and checkout pages is fixed
- [fixed] Display of the total amount in the cart is fixed
- [changed] Theme is adapted to CS-Cart 4.13.2.SP1
- [added] Image lazy-loader is added
- [fixed] Banner display on the load is fixed
- [added] Ability to display out of stock products is added
- [added] Ability to add the quantity of the products and display it above or under the description is added
- [added] Ability to select the source of product description for VK is added (The add-on tab, short description, main description)
- [fixed] The language changes with accordance to location
- [added] Ability to send the additional images to Facebook Commerce Manager catalog is added
- [added] The ability to send the products with no brand mentioned to Facebook Commerce Manager catalog is added
- [added] The ability to insert Facebook Pixel Code into Facebook Pixel ID field is added
- [fixed] Mechanism of the connection with the Amazon on the add-on setting page is fixed